Monday, July 17, 2006

Lists, Logistics and Launch Dates

The countdown has begun - though we are still a bit vague on our official move date to Taipei. Most likely we fly over the last week of September. I am learning that I can actually still function without knowing all the details ahead of time. For those of you who know how I rely on fixed dates and definite plans, you will agree that this is a big deal for me. That being said, I still have a pretty big to-do list of things I do know about. Children's passports applied for, vaccinations on schedule, rental plans (both for our Texas house and our flat in Taipei) in progress. We got a giant document from the corporate relocator with requirements for Visas, Alien Resident Certificates, and the like - they relish checklists as much as I do. Then there are random things that I think about in the middle of the night like, "What should I do with my piano?" and "When was my last dentist appointment?" I look forward to getting the logistics behind me and settling in. At the same time, I am soaking up these final two months in the States. What a blessing to laugh with old friends even as I eagerly anticipate new friendships on the other side of the world.

No comments: